Saturday, July 11, 2009

Week 1: Assessment Activity


I just completed my Assessment Form, and I am really glad we had to do this. It really forced me to take a look at the media that I already use in my classroom. It also made me realize how much more I have learned since we began this program, and how much more I could be using with my students.

I am very interested to see what other types of media and elements I can add to my online "classrooms this month. I know there has got to be a lot more available than I currently know about. So once I find some, I'm sure I'll be able to use some of them for my Media Project as well.

Picture taken from: http://www.clker.com/clipart-1810.html

2 comments:

  1. Abby, I have enjoyed your posts. I can sympathize completely with the Christmas present concept. I absolutely love surprises! I did sneak and find out when I was younger once and it totally took the fun out of opening presents. Never again.
    I am also shocked that it is month 9! The difference is, you seem so calm. I am becoming unglued! I know I can do it and am working furiously-it is just I have so much to do! You crack me up! You come across as "oh, I must start my thesis now, ho hum. No problem." I love it! You are going to keep me sane throughout this I know.
    I didn't realize that you teach online. That is awesome! What age/level do you teach? Keep up the great work, Abby. You are awesome.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. online is a special thing that's very different from face-to-face. All the more it helps that one doesn't just clone bad face-to-face practices. To my way of thinking one needs to put as much personality and information as possible without being overwhelming. The other thing is to set the stage for having as much community as possible. This keeps the learning process going long after any given session is over. We are social beings, we learn in social settings and practice what we learn in social ways. As I frequently repeat, online learning is not solo learning.

    ReplyDelete