Aletha Wrote:
Week 4 - The Art of Possibility
This book has helped me to take a step back and look at my life. I hope that now I can be a better friend, daughter, and teacher. I believe that the book has given a new prospective on life and I look at things differently. I really do like this book and think that more people do need to read it in order to see what they can change about the way they look at life. That is want Zander wants us to do. He uses old principles to get us to think about things in a different way. The last chapters of the book were really good. I understand that you want us to use the end of the book to explain about each chapter but I always find a chapter that will have more impact on my life than others do. I will focus on the chapter Lighting a Spark. Once school begins I do the same mundane thing every single day. I figure out what I am going to teach and repeat it for all the classes and then just keep doing it over and over again. There is never any change in my life. I read the chapter about lighting a spark and it made me think about my life. I need to set a fire to my life in order for my students to have a spark in theirs. I can't expect a whole lot from them when I am not doing the same thing. I think that sometimes we get caught up in life and forget to put excitement in our lives. I have realized that I will be lighting a spark to everything that I do in my life. This will allow the people in my life to do the same. If you start doing something in your life then its like an domino effect and others will take it on. So, I say from this day on I will not only light a spark in my life but in others also.
Aletha, I couldn't agree with you more! I feel like I've learned so much through this book and things going on in my life right now about passion and "lighting sparks"! This has been especially important as I've been trying to reach out the the young women in our church. I kept assuming they would think I was boring and that God is boring. But that's not true! The problem was - I kept assuming they'd be bored! So I've been stepping up myself to really live the things I believe, and they've noticed! Not only that, but I've been able to talk with them more and connect using technology, especially for the ones who don't live nearby. It's been great!
No comments:
Post a Comment